Monday 9 January 2012

Inspiration



This is a cover of NME magazine, pictured on the cover is 'Tyler, The Creator'. He is an American rapper and producer. I think this a good cover from how it depicts Tyler disregarding the royal wedding from the props of crowns and flowers, and the quote of his opinion of the wedding. They also use the colours gold and red to tie in with this theme.


This is the cover of magazine 'Loaded', it shows the girl group Sugababes. I like the magazine cover because I prefer the Blue and Black colour scheme compared to the NME cover with Red and Gold. Also it shows the attractive girls from Sugababes wearing black clothes to tie in with the colour scheme.

This is the cover of 'Q' magazine, it shows British Rapper Tinie Tempah who is one of my favourite artists. This stood out for me because of the large text at the bottom of the page. Firstly because of the font, the text is very thin and is unlike anything I have seen before. Also, because the text is white which is uncommon because the backgroung is usually white.


This is the cover of football magazine 'Four Four Two', it displays Dutch footballer Wesley Sneijder. I chose to look at this because I am a big football fan so i oftenly red Four Four Two. On this cover I like how much the player and the text over lap, in particular the players head and the title. Also to fit with the football genre the main picture is an action shot of a player with his leg in mid-air presumably after kicking a football.


This is a cover of 'Wired' magazine, it displays comedy actor Will Ferrell. This picture of him is appropriate because Will is known as being comical and the outfit reflects this. I also like it because alot of the kickers are based around the point of focus which in this case is Will Ferrell.


This is a cover of 'NME' it displays rock guatarist Jimi Hendrix to commemorate the 40th annerversairy of his death. I paricuarly like this from how there is a large contrast of colours on his clothes and in the words around him but his actual body is in black and white, I think this is a good representation of him being deceased.



This is a cover of 'New York' magazine (Pictured on the left), pictured is American President Barack Obama. I like this cover in particular because there is little wrote around the side of the picture but lots of quotes wrote on his face. Also I think it is clever how they have taken the Barack Obama campaign poster with the key word 'Hope' (Pictured on the right) and Edited it,changing the word Hope to Hate.

 This is a cover of 'Vibe' magaine, pictured onthe front is American rapper 'T.I.'. I think this is a good cover because they have been able to make the background blue and the clothes T.I. is wearing blue but I feel that they do not clash. I think this is impressive because I imagened that using the same colours would not ever work. Also, unlike most the magazines I have looked at, this cover may only have one artist pictured but it has equally big text around the picture for other artist that will intrest the reader of this magazine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment