Wednesday 28 March 2012

Evaluation Question 3

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

Since my media product is a magazine I believe that it would be distributed by a publishing company. Publishing is the process of production of literature or information being made available to the general public. In some cases, magazines can have there own publishing company. But most often magazines are produced by publishing companies which will produce many different magazines. With their being no major production company for magazines of my genre the biggest magazine of the genre RWD publish there own magazine with their own company 'RWD Creative Media Ltd'.
RWD is magazine that is produced monthly and each month has a circulation of 98,300. It has been running for over 10 years and has produced over 100 copies. It is considered the largest magazine on youth music and lifestyle in the UK.
With statistics like that being something I would want for my magazine, I would want my magazine to be produced alongside with RWD by RWD Creative Media Ltd. If think this would work because the market is big enough for two similar magazines but also with them being similar they would be able to be distributed together.
Out of the types of magazine distribution, I would choose paid circulation for my magazine since I think this would work the best. This would mean there is a fixed costs for purchasing it in shops as well as making it available to subscribe too.
I would also consider putting the magazine for sale on the Internet. I believe this would work from how my young adult target market use the internet for leisure and then would be able to read the magazine without leaving their house.

No comments:

Post a Comment